Sparkle and Shine
Recycle Runway
Inspired by Gerhard Richter and the Great Barrier Reef
1960's inspired dress
Evening Gown
Above and below my A3 sketchbook shows research of fashion and print techniques that represent the Great Barrier Reef, which was the focus of my project. I wanted create a water effect by using drawing ink and the marbling technique.
I was inspired by the cut of the sheer panel in a garment in the Azzaro Couture collection, so I cut unusual shapes out of my marbling samples to create fashion illustrations
I came across Sacha Beverely who created her own Great Barrier Reef using a build up of dots with acrylic paints, I noticed that she used many different colours so that inspired me to make my own layering/applique version of the great barrier reef using similar colours, I sprinkled sea salt to achieve the textured pattern.
I was inspired by the shine of the water so I used bleaching and mark making to create a collage of samples that resembled the light reflecting of the sea. All of which was a development of my work, creating print design for fashion. A3size
This is one of my A1 mounted collection of fashion illustrations that is inspired by the Great Barrier Reef and my marbling techniques using the shapes and textured surfaces to influence the garment shape. I first made lots of samples using the marbling technique which were then cut into unusual shapes and layered over to make fashion illustrations. I translated line drawings from my picture of the Great Barrier Reef onto a selected few.
I cut unusual shapes out of my marbling samples and layered it over, i drew contour lines over.
This A4 fabric sample is inspired by Gerhard Richter's paintings, I scraped pigment paint across, then scraped emulsion over to create the surface of the sea.
This is another A4 sample that is inspired by Gerhard Richter, using screen print to define the great barrier reef but using a range of colours influenced by Gerhard Richter.
As part of a UAL Drawing qualification I manipulated photographs, again to create textures and surfaces inspired by Gerhard Richter. I wanted to keep the viewers eye focused on an image of me and less on the surface manipulation.
Further development of using materials such as a photograph I experimented with a range of processes to create textures and surfaces using burning and scratching into a photo with a knife.

I burned the edges and scratched the outline of the garment again to focus on myself within the image and create a subtle surface texture.
This A2 piece is using screen and stencil printing techniques to create layers to produce samples which could be translated into fashion or interior fabrics.
Through the use of visual language I used the word mammoth to represent the brush marks and scale of the word.
74cm by 18cm
74cm by 18cm
A2 Life drawing, charcoal and white chalk. An important aspect and practice I continue with in an evening class. This helps me to understand proportion, perspective, tone and colour, scale, line, shape and the use of various media.
A2 still life drawing of a mannequin, charcoal and white chalk
Using photoshop techniques to create pattern repeat and develop my skills which I feel are essential to a career within the industry. This development of using CAD and illustrator will continue this year and progress within fashion illustrations and further pattern repeat.














.jpg)






No comments:
Post a Comment